Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My favorite Funk 45's Pt. 1

It took a minute - but it was worth the wait. Trust me. These aren't the rarest or most obscure funk 45's, they're just some of my favorites. Chances are if you've come to any of the funk/soul nights I've done or spun at you've heard a few of these.

The first one is by The Superlatives called "I Don't Know How (To Say I Love You)". First - I have to give props to my man Troy for turning me onto this one. Great track! An upbeat number that flows so nice with those drums. I'd like to shake the hand of whoever decided to put those drums so up front in the mix. The song wouldn't be nearly as good without that punch they give it.











The Superlatives - "I Don't Know (To Say I Love You)"
(Click to listen - CTRL & Click (PC) or Option & Click (Mac) to save!)



The next 45 I've played to death and you know what? It never gets old. Such a beast of a song. Mack Rice's "Three People In Love" - THAT AIN'T RIGHT. Sho' ain't! And that's the truth!!!













Mack Rice - "Three People In Love"
(Click to listen - CTRL & Click (PC) or Option & Click (Mac) to save!)

Enjoy! More funk 45's coming this week! Don't sleep!

Peace!

No comments: